This week, from our Luckys’ base: we are doing a mostly flat out to 92, coming back on rolling thru Los Alto Hills.
There will be a mix of Vaxed and non-vaxed riders. For non-vax riders, please stay 6ft away from others and put on mask when in group chat settings. Vaxed riders can now follow CDC guidelines and be more "free".
Ride start: Lucky’s North Parking Lot arrive by 8:30am, roll at 8:45am sharp (Led by Vincent)
2175 Grant Rd, Los Altos, CA 94024
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35926673 53 miles, 3300 ft
SPEED: 16+ mph on moderate terrain and distance, >1w/lb sustained power effort
SKILL LEVEL: Experienced and training focused
This is not a NO_DROP ride. Pack will wait a reasonable time at re-group point, but each rider must be able to maintain 16 mph equivalent effort to keep up with the pack.
BE PREPARED: Bring cue sheet (above), water (2 bottles), gels, bars, spare tubes (with the correct stem length for carbon wheels), pump/CO2 cartridges, tools, sunblock lotion, and additional clothing for any weather changes.
For new and non-members to read:
Lucky’s request that first vehicle to arrive opens the gate while last vehicle to leave the lot to close the gate. The gate is manually push pull to open close. These rides are member led rides. Route/distance are published ahead of time but are subject to change due to weather conditions and/or member participation. i.e, if no one wants to climb that day, we don’t climb!
Non-members are allowed one free workout and rides at one's own risk. All riders must adhere to the standard safety rules stated below and follow all traffic laws.
New and non-members please identify yourself to the ride lead early at the start meeting location so that we can go over more detailed safety and legal briefing before ride start.
These rides are geared for triathlon specific, endurance-based cycling, to prepare for Ironman, half Ironman (70.3) and Olympic distance races.
All Riders must be self-sufficient on the road and be able to take care of one-self during mechanical issues, blown tires, or minor accidents.
Safety Rules: (please point out hazards!)
1. Must wear bike helmet.
2. No in-ear musical earbuds.
3. Obey all traffic laws! , e.g. make all stops at red light and Stop signs
4. Do not ride aerobars within a pack.
5. Communicate: use hand signals and/or verbally call out all actions before you do them, e.g. slowing, stopping, left turn, etc. and rider point out obstacles on road for everyone behind you.
6. Stay to the right to allow faster riders to pass on the left. Ride single file when rider behind calls out "car back".
7. Stay back onewheel diameter behind ride ahead in pack to allow distance to brake in event of slowing biker ahead.
8. Carry your own spare tube and repair tools
9. Carry your cell phone is advised in case of emergency.