Ride start: Lucky’s North Parking Lot arrive by 8:30AM, roll at 8:45AM
2175 Grant Rd, Los Altos, CA 94024
Non-members are allowed one free workout and rides at one's own risk. All riders must adhere to the standard safety rules stated below and follow all traffic laws.
New and non-members please identify yourself to the ride lead early at the start meeting location so that we can go over more detailed safety and legal briefing before ride start.
These rides are geared for triathlon specific, endurance-based cycling, to prepare for Olympic and Sprint distance races.
All Riders must be self-sufficient on the road and be able to take care of one-self during mechanical issues, blown tires, or minor accidents. Our senior members will do their best to assist someone with difficulties, but do not rely on that. Please have cell phones and Uber apps ready in order to deal with any issues.
Safety Rules: (please point out hazards!)
1. Must wear bike helmet.
2. No in-ear musical earbuds.
3. Obey all traffic laws! , e.g. make all stops at red light and Stop signs
4. Do not ride aerobars within a pack.
5. Communicate: use hand signals and/or verbally call out all actions before you do them, e.g. slowing, stopping, left turn, etc. and rider point out obstacles on road for everyone behind you.
6. Stay to the right to allow faster riders to pass on the left. Ride single file when rider behind calls out "car back".
7. Stay back onewheel diameter behind ride ahead in pack to allow distance to brake in event of slowing biker ahead.
8. Carry your own spare tube and repair tools
9. Carry your cell phone is advised in case of emergency.
SVTC 24 mi Luckys-Roberts Woodside - Arastradero
SVTC-Ride 31 mi. Lucky Rt9, Saratoga, thru DeAnza
SVTC 35 mi Luckys-Mt Eden-Edith-Purissima-Arastradero
SVTC 39 mi Lucky-Top of Alpine-Roberts-Sand Hill
SVTC 42 mi Lucky-Alpine to top-Roberts Woodside-Arastradero
SVTC 44 mi. Lucky Page Mill, 84
BE PREPARED: Bring cue sheet (above), water (2 bottles), gels, bars, spare tubes (with the correct stem length for carbon wheels), pump/CO2 cartridges, tools, sunblock lotion, and additional clothing for any weather changes.